Working together to fight COVID-19
At Bakels, our top priority is the health and wellbeing of both our staff and customers, while helping prevent the spread of this virus. We would like to reassure you that we are committed to strict measures to provide continuous, safe and reliable supply of Bakels ingredients during this challenging time.
Bakels Malaysia being a part of the essential services for the Food industry, we are monitoring and following the advice issued by the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH), Ministry of International Trade and Industry Malaysia (MITI) and World Health Organisation (WHO) daily. As part of this we are monitoring reported cases and infection rates and keeping staff, customers and suppliers up to date with the latest information.
SMART working practices have been implemented across the Bakels Malaysia business, to safeguard our team and continuation of supply to our customers, which remains as normal.
- Working-from-home has been rolled out for staff who are able to do so.
- Strict personal hygiene in line with our food hygiene practices as a food manufacturing site and any additional recommendations from MOH and MITI are firmly in place.
- Sanitiser is available at all entrances and key points around site and face masks are provided to all staff at site.
- Thorough sanitization at manufacturing site was completed and maintaining 3-times daily cleaning and sanitization at all areas during operation.
- Staff are advised not to visit customers unless absolutely necessary.
- Intranet systems give staff daily updates on all aspects of the fight against the virus.
- Minimised contact between staff – precautions such as staggered shift changeovers and maintaining social distancing.
- Should staff experience symptoms outlined by MOH, Bakels have strict procedures in place for recording and implementing isolation measures.
We remain committed to the supply of ingredients to our customers.
- For safety, communications are encouraged via video-conferencing platforms, telephone and email to reduce physical contact.
- Our customer service team are on-hand, as normal, to serve daily needs.
- Our extensive manufacturing and warehousing capacity means we are building stock on off-the-shelf and made-to-order products.
Our secure supply to the industry
Bakels Malaysia and Bakels companies around the world have teams and contingency plans in place, in order to maintain the normal supply of bakeries ingredients to the customer working around the clock to feed the nation.
- As a crucial sector for the supply of food to the nation, it is our duty to maintain our activities.
- We have long standing relationships with all our suppliers and based on the current available information, we do not envisage any supply issues.