Method: Sponge Cake
- Mix all ingredients (A1) in a mixing bowl at low speed for 1-2 minutes. Then continue at top speed for 2 minutes.
- Combine ingredients (A2) in another mixing bowl. Whisk continuously until sugar is completely melted and mixture is light and fluffy.
- Fold in ingredients (A2) meringue into the batter until well mixed.
- Bake at 180°C for 18 minutes or until well baked.
Method: Chocolate Ganache
- .Melt ingredients (B) in the microwave and mix well.
Method: Tea Mousse
- Heat up ingredients (C1) to 70°C in the microwave and let the mixture infuse for 30 minutes. Next, strain the mixture.
- Soak or melt ingredient (C2) in the microwave and mix in the tea mixture.
- Whisk ingredients (C3) in a mixing bowl to a soft peak.
- Fold the tea mixture into the whipped cream until it’s fully incorporated.
Method: Black Pearl
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil in a stock pot and add 1 cup of pearls. Gradually stir until the pearls float.
- Adjust to low fire and cover the pot with a lid for 30 minutes.
- Turn off fire and steep for another 30 minutes.
- Drain off water and rinse with cold water.
- Add ½ cup of refined sugar and stir evenly. Set aside for use later.
Method: Assembling the cake
- Cling wrap a cake ring and place a cake board underneath.
- Put cooked black pearl on the cling-wrapped cake ring and add a layer of tea mousse.
- Layer a sponge on top of the tea mousse and spread 200gm of chocolate ganache over it.
- Then layer a sponge on top of the ganache and add a layer of tea mousse over it.
- Finally lay the last sponge on top. Freeze the cake overnight.
- Remove the cake from the freezer and pour a thin layer of glaze on the surface (boba tea mousse).
- Decorate according to preference before serving.